Artech is seeking an experienced mountmaker to work in our expanding Mounts and Fabrication department. Candidates for this position should possess previous experience designing and fabricating mounts for artifacts, sculpture and other objects. The responsibilities and duties of the position may be able to scale to meet the experience level of the person hired for the position. This position may be full or part time.
Experience in metalworking and mountmaking is required. An ability to interpret and understand written instructions, diagrams, layouts, drawings and schematics will be required for this position. A thorough knowledge of the principals of design and construction is also required. Due to the nature of the position, a willingness to learn is essential.
Candidates must be able to solve problems creatively and independently before and during construction and manufacture, use spatial reasoning in everyday tasks, and adapt to a fluid work environment. Candidates must also be able to safely use (or learn the safe use of) machinery such as lathes, grinders, table saws, bench tools, as well as electric and pneumatic hand tools.
Above all, the Mountmaker must demonstrate pride, ownership and dedication to craft on a professional level.
Duties of the position:
- Follow written and verbal instructions from supervisors, department managers and coworkers
- Weld, braze, machine and finish various types of metal to create mounts according to plans and schematics provided by the Mountmaking Department Manager or developed by the Mountmaker
- Perform occasional on-site fitting and de-fitting of objects
- Work independently and as part of a team to meet production goals and deadlines
- Assist with the research and selection of materials and technologies to use in the fabrication of mounts and fixtures
- Prioritize between tasks as required
- Work safely and utilize proper protective equipment for each task
- Track the use of time and materials
- Clean and maintain the facilities, tools and machinery as needed
- Measure accurately and safely handle all objects
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Work under the supervision of coworkers and managers to ensure safety and quality
- Work while standing for 8 hours
- Be able to lift and carry 80lbs
- Possess a valid Washington State Drivers’ license or obtain one prior to hire
- Pass a full background check
- Pass a DOT physical
- Drive a medium duty box truck to transport objects, materials, tools and machinery throughout the greater Seattle area
How to Apply:
If the position of Mountmaker interests you, please review the responsibilities and qualifications carefully. If you feel that you are the ideal candidate for this position, please email your resume, references, and cover letter explaining your interest and experience to email@example.com.